Colorado Springs Utilities (Springs Utilities) is the largest community-owned, not-for-profit, four-service utility in the nation. For almost 100 years, they have provided Colorado Springs with safe, reliable and competitively priced electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services. They care about your well-being and have an interest in all things that help make Colorado Springs a great place to live, work and play.
Springs Utilities wants to welcome you to our community. They are happy to serve you. As a citizen of Colorado Springs, you own your utility. And that means you have a voice in utilities decisions. Here are a few of the benefits of having a community-owned utility.
- Local control: Citizens elect the utility’s governing board, City Council. That means utility decisions are made here in Colorado Springs, not by the Public Utilities Commission in Denver or at an out-of-state corporate headquarters.
- Low utility bills: Rates are set only high enough to cover the cost to provide service. There are no profits that go to stakeholders in another city.
- Reliable service: Springs Utilities is a national leader with power on an average 99.991% of the time.
- Protects the environment: Employees live here too and want to keep Colorado Springs clean and beautiful.
- Gives back: Employees, their families and friends volunteer more than 10,000 hours each year on community projects.
- Economic vitality: Employers are attracted to Colorado Springs because the utility and other government agencies work together to make it easy to do business here.
- Four services, one efficient organization: Consolidated functions, such as billing, information technology and human resources, help keep costs down.
Springs Utilities has several programs to make it easy to manage your use, save time and money and use energy and water wisely.
- Sign-up for My Account. Its a personal, online account management tool that gives you 24-hour access to easily view and pay utilities bills, start and stop service and track use.
- Go online, save time. Sign-up for e-billing to receive an email reminder each month your bill is due and makes payments online.
- Take control. Easily manage your budget by spreading payments evenly throughout the year and pick a payment date that works best for you.
- Double down on savings. Check out the utility’s rebate and incentive programs for energy and water-efficient products.
- Bill assistance. If you have a difficult time paying your bill, Springs Utilities may be able to help with its customer assistance programs.
Springs Utilities is working today for a sustainable energy and water future. Its Sustainable Energy Plan is designed to reduce carbon emissions 80% by 2030 while maintaining industry-leading reliability and competitive rates.
Because Colorado Springs isn’t located on a major body of water, the Sustainable Water Plan is designed to supply the community with clean, reliable water for years to come.